There are quite a few lists out on the internet telling everyone which wardrobe items, shoes, handbags, etc. should be in their closets. The fact is, our lives all look a little different, so what might work for me might not work for you, and the other way around.
I’ve compiled one of those lists in regards to accessories, but rather than tell you what you need, here are the 20 items on which I’ve come to depend:
- Pearl earrings
- Statement earrings–I’ve found some great ones at Baublebar, on clearance at Dillards, and in antique shops.
- Hair barrette or clip–It gives the appearance of being put together without trying.
- Classic, go-with-anything shades–I’m partial to a tortoise frame.
- Three scarves–I depend on a large plaid scarf for winter that can double as a blanket or shaw; a silk square scarf that can be tied around my neck, wrist, or purse; and a thin scarf in a cool print, color, and/or texture to wear during the spring and fall months.
- A short statement necklace
- A long pendant or tassel necklace
- Signature bracelet–I love wearing small cuff bracelets with little details or a jade bead necklace.
- Casual (stylish) sneakers
- Everyday pumps–My go-to pair would be black DVF pointed patent heels. I wear them multiple days of the week. (Tip: invest in a comfortable, high-quality heel if you haven’t already. You’ll be more apt to take care of them. And when you see they’re looking a little worse for wear, give them a little TLC. Replacing heel caps or recovering to a well-worn sole are cheap repairs that will help your shoes last years. Even broken heels can sometimes be mended if the peice was of good quality to begin with.)
- Ballet flats
- Boots–I prefer ankle boots that have a block or wedge heel.
- Party shoes–For me this comes in the form of a strapped, heeled sandal. They’re simple but really elevate a look.
- Wrap belt
- Leather belt w/ a buckle
- Evening clutch–My favorites are thrifted finds!
- Cross body bag–Or in my case, bags. This is my preferred handbag style, as evidenced by my growing collection.
- Work/travel/life tote
- And finally, a personal peice, meaning it has sentimental value. It could be something bought on a memorable trip, a gift from someone dearly loved, an item passed down through the generations, or a unique vintage find. I have a few in each category that I treasure and love to wear.
Does your list look a little different? Share below!
I’d love to know what’s in your accessory arsenal.